We have been assisting airport passengers flying out of OAK for 15 years, and our experience allows us to help you find a safe parking option that will meet your requirements.
Our primary goal is to make the parking reservation process so easy that you can secure your discounted parking space online within minutes!
Oakland International Airport served more than 13 million passengers in 2018! It is a quite busy airport with a lot of people passing through every day. For that reason, we created this Oakland Airport parking guide to help you find the cheapest parking offer and save both time and money.
Keep reading to get parking rates for Oakland Airport long term parking, view maps, and discover links to other useful sites. You will also find information on the Oakland Airport Parking Coupon, Discounts, and Deals, as well as Oakland Airport parking reviews.
Many people are interested in finding the closest airport to Oakland, CA with OAK only 6.66 miles (10.72 km) away it makes this airport a very convenient option for travelers.
You can also find the cheapest flights from Oakland OAK Airport.
Get a fast rate quote and make your advanced reservation by entering your drop-off and pick-up dates/times above.
Top 4 Things You Need to Know before you Drive and Park at Oakland Airport
On-Site Oakland Airport Parking Rates & Availability
Oakland International provides several parking options and over 7000 public parking spaces to all airport passengers. Whether you’re looking for discounted parking or valet parking service, you will easily find what you need at OAK. Daily rates vary based on a parking option - from $18 for OAK Economy Parking Lot to $38 for Premier Parking Lot.
Below listed are OAK long term parking rates as well as short term prices. Check them out and book the best Oakland Airport parking.
- Premier Parking Lot is the most convenient parking option due to its location - it is directly across from the airport terminals. For this reason, it is also the most expensive OAK parking lot. The hourly rate is $8 ($4 per 30 minutes) while the maximum daily rate is $38.
- Hourly Parking Lot is right next to the Premier Lot, so it is still very close to both terminals and very suitable for short-term parking. The rate is $1 per 12 minutes, and the daily maximum is $34. This is an ideal choice if you’re coming to pick up or drop off someone.
- Daily Parking Lot is a great option for extended stays and overnight parking. It located off Airport Drive, next to the Hourly Lot, within walking distance to the terminals. The hourly rate is $5, and the daily maximum is $24.
- Economy Parking Lot is the most affordable self parking option, and it is not much farther than other parking lots - it is located off John Glenn Drive near Terminal 1. Frequent and free shuttle service is available, but most sections are within walking distance to the terminal building. The rate for Oakland Airport Economy Parking is $18.
|Premier Parking Lot
|Hourly Parking Lot
|Daily Parking Lot
|Economy Parking Lot
Accessible Parking / Handicapped Parking
Disabled parking spaces are available for ADA and special needs customers in all parking areas: the Premiere, Daily, Hourly, and Economy Lots. They are close-in, clearly marked, and available on a first-come, first-served basis. A customer has to own an ADA placard, disabled licence plate, or other accessible parking permit.
Disabled Veterans Parking Discount is not available at Oakland Int’l Airport.
Oakland Airport Parking Deals
Passengers who fly to Hawaii or Europe can get free parking for up to 4 days at the OAK Daily Lot.
You can earn one free day in the Daily Lot as well. All you need to do is to save three non-discounted parking receipts, and you will get this Oakland Airport Parking coupon.
Free EV charging stations are available in Premiere, Daily, and Economy Lots.
To easily find all parking facilities at OAK, check out the Oakland Airport parking map here.
Hotels with free parking services and complimentary shuttle
Everyone who wants to get a good night’s rest before a morning flight should consider OAK hotel parking. This is a great alternative to official airport parking, and many hotels offer Park Sleep and Fly Packages. This package allows you to spend a night in a hotel, leave your vehicle in a safe parking spot, and use a courtesy shuttle bus service to the airport terminal.
Looking for the best Oakland Airport hotel parking for 2019? Below listed are hotels that provide free parking service for up to 14 days, shuttle to OAK, free WiFi access, and many other services.
- Hilton Garden Inn Oakland San Leandro
- Courtyard By Marriott Oakland Airport
- Radisson Hotel Oakland Airport
- Econo Lodge Inn & Suites Oakland Airport
Cell Phone Lot
The Cell Phone Lot is a great choice if you have to wait for an arriving passenger since you are not allowed to park curbside. This public parking is located off John Glenn Drive, near the Oakland Maintenance Center. It is free of charge, but you can stay there for up to 30 minutes only. Note that you cannot leave your vehicle unattended.
- How much does it cost to park in Oakland Airport long term parking garage?
Oakland Airport Economy Parking offers parking spots for $18/day which is the cheapest parking option. There are a few more parking options. See the rates above.
- If I’m picking up/dropping off someone, is there any cost?
You can use the Cell Phone Lot free of charge for up to 30 minutes. The Hourly Parking Lot is also a great option, and the rate is $1 per 12 minutes.
- Is there disabled parking at the airport, and is it free?
Disabled parking spaces are available for ADA and special needs customers in each OAK parking facility. They are close-in, clearly marked, and available on a first-come, first-served basis. However, they are not free of charge.
- How much is Short Term parking at OAK Airport going to cost?
The rate in the Hourly Lot is $1 per 12 minutes. The hourly rate in the Daily Lot is $5.
- Is there a phone number available for Oakland International Airport parking information?
For further information about OAK Airport parking service, please call 510-563-3300 between 9 AM and 5 PM.
- Are shuttles offered for the Oakland Airport Economy Parking Lot?
Yes! Complimentary shuttle service is available to take you to and from the terminal building.
- Does Oakland International offer EV charging stations?
Yes! EV charging stations are available in the Premiere, Daily, and Economy Lots.
- How may I pay for vehicle parking?
They accept cash and all major credit cards, such as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club.
- Do I need to make an online reservation to park on-site?
No, parking spots are available on a first come, first served basis, but you can make airport parking reservations just to make sure you have a secured parking spot.