Plan on going to San Diego and visiting its attractions? SeaWorld is at the top of the list! SeaWorld San Diego is a well-known animal theme park placed inside Mission Bay Park. It has an oceanarium and aquarium and offers a variety of shows and exhibits. To make your stay pleasant and stress-free, creating a clever travel plan is a must. Our guide will provide information on general admission tickets, SeaWorld San Diego parking services, and nearby hotels. Read through a few helpful tips and check out other popular locations in San Diego to have the best vacation!
Admission Ticket Prices
First, you need to purchase your SeaWorld ticket, and we suggest that you do it online! All pre-purchased single-day tickets are valid for the date of your reservation only. Children younger than 3 enter the park free of charge, while adults pay the following rates:
|Ticket Type||Online Price||Regular Price|
|Single-Day Ticket + All-Day Dining||$89.99||$140.98|
|2022 Fun Card||$99.99||$114.99|
Fun Card is ideal for frequent visitors—it allows unlimited visits through December 2022. The pass includes all rides, exhibits, and shows, but it doesn’t include parking.
SeaWorld San Diego Parking Options
SeaWorld San Diego has a huge visitor parking lot divided into three sections:
- General Parking
- Up-Close Parking
- VIP Parking
Up-close parking includes the first six rows from the park entrance, while VIP parking refers to the car parking area closest to the entrance. You can purchase the ticket for any daily parking service online!
How Much is Parking at Seaworld San Diego?
Booking your SeaWorld parking space through the website is straightforward, and the prices are upfront and usually cheaper if purchased in advance. The standard parking prices are the same as at SeaWorld Orlando Parking. See the list below to discover the lowest rates.
|SeaWorld Parking Service||Parking Rate|
Up-close parking and VIP parking rates vary by season—if you wish to book a preferred parking spot, note that it may be higher than $35. On Saturdays, VIP parking spaces are usually $60 per vehicle, while an up-close parking spot is at least $40.
Handicapped parking spots are available directly in front of the SeaWorld entrance, and most of them are accessible to vans. If you wish to use them, you need to know a few things:
- You have to own a valid disabled parking permit, placard, or license plate
- ADA parking is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to arrive as early as possible to obtain a spot
- Standard parking rates apply to handicapped parking at SeaWorld San Diego
The park also allows you to rent manual wheelchairs for $20 and electric scooters for as low as $90.
SeaWorld San Diego Hotels
SeaWorld San Diego has partnered up with an array of hotels in the area to help you have a dream family holiday. You can even create a vacation package that includes accommodation, admission ticketing, dining programs, and more! Go through the SeaWorld hotel partners to find the most suitable property and have a hassle-free vacation:
- Bahia Resort Hotel
- Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa
- The Dana on Mission Bay
- Ocean Park Inn
- San Diego Mission Bay Resort
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
- Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle
- Holiday Inn Express SeaWorld Beach Area
- Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo Seaworld Area
- Howard Johnson SeaWorld
Check out any accommodation and contact them for additional information.
Go through our tips on saving time and money, and learn a few pieces of information that may help you have a worry-free day at SeaWorld!
- Make a parking reservation at least a week in advance if possible
- The park opens at 10:30 AM on weekdays and 10:00 AM on weekends, so be sure to arrive early to secure a convenient spot
- All single-day tickets purchased online are valid for the date of your reservation only—if you wish to change the date, call 619-222-4732
- Admission tickets and parking passes are non-refundable
- Wear comfortable footwear and quick-dry clothing
- Swimsuits are permitted at Aquatica only
- Is there free parking at SeaWorld San Diego?
Free parking is available for Annual Pass members only, and it applies to general parking.
- Can you bring water into SeaWorld San Diego?
You may bring bottled water but no other outside beverages and foods are available.
- Are rides included in SeaWorld San Diego admission?
Yes! All rides—except Skytower and Bayside Skyride—are included, as well as all shows and exhibits.
Other San Diego Parking Guides
Parking Access offers countless informative parking articles, and the SeaWorld San Diego parking guide is just one of them! This theme park is a member of the AZA, as well as the San Diego Zoo, which is only a 15-minute drive away. If you decide to visit the zoo as well, learn where to find the free San Diego Zoo Parking. We’re always available to help you find a low-cost spot and avoid getting a San Diego parking ticket!
Here are a few additional guides that you may find helpful: