This post also contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on our links.
MetLife Stadium can accommodate up to 82,500 visitors—finding a convenient parking spot along with tens of thousands of other guests can be tough. Planning your visit can save you a lot of time and money, and Parking Access is here to help you do that the easy way! Our MetLife Stadium Parking Guide offers all the important public parking information, including general parking prices, rates for NFL games, and tailgating rules. Discover all the options in the area, and use MetLife Stadium parking maps to find your lot effortlessly!
MetLife Stadium Parking
The venue has been hosting various sports matches and concerts for years. Prices for parking at MetLife Stadium differ for NFL games and other events—find out all about event parking rates below and purchase a permit in advance!
New York Giants Parking
MetLife Stadium parking lots require parking passes from anyone who parks within the Sports Complex for Giants games. The permit grants you one car parking space, and you can purchase them via Ticketmaster NFL or Vividseats. Be sure to print it out!
- The GOLD permit allows you to park in B, D, K, J, L, M, P, Deck A, and any MetLife Stadium parking lot near American Dream. The rates vary, but you can pre-book a spot for as low as $23. Based on the row, the pre-paid ticket can cost up to approximately $60.
- The PLATINUM permit is for Lots E, F, and G. It’s more expensive than the GOLD ones. The pre-paid ticket prices start at $71. >>Reserve on Vivid Seats
- Note that the numbers on the permits don’t guarantee a reserved spot in a specific lot.
New York Jets Parking
Parking for Guests Without Permits
Purchasing a parking permit is required for all Jets games—do it in advance and print out the pass. Search for Jets Parking on Ticketmaster to go through all the tickets.
- The GOLD permit lets you in Lots B, D, K, J, L, M, P, Deck A, and any parking area near American Dream. The prices vary, but you find a ticket for as low as $17. The most expensive GOLD permits are over $100.
- The PLATINUM permit is for Lots E, F, and G. Jets parking rates in the Platinum lots start at $41 and can go up to over $170. >>Reserve on Vivid Seats
- Purchase your permit as early as you can to get the best price!
Don’t have a MetLife Stadium parking permit? No worries—there’s an off-site parking facility for you! The lot is placed at 20 Murray Hill Parkway, East Rutherford, NJ 07073. It accepts cash and credit cards, and the parking cost is $40. The off-site lot is about a mile and a half away from the stadium, but the shuttle service is provided for all NFL games!
General Event Parking Info
MetLife Stadium parking areas typically open five hours before an event and close two hours after it ends. If you’re coming to the stadium to attend your favorite musician’s concert or check out a soccer game, the venue offers fixed parking rates.
|Type of Vehicle
|Event Parking Rate
Parking permits are neither required nor available for non-NFL events—parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Ticket holders with disabilities must own a disabled parking permit or license plate to enter the Sports Complex. Handicapped parking is available in MetLife Stadium parking lots E, F, and G. The venue also offers a special drop-off area for guests with disabilities, and it’s in Lot C.
Tailgating at MetLife Stadium Parking Lots
Jets and Giants fans can have great pre-game fun in any of the MetLife Sports Complex parking lots. Tailgating is allowed, but you must adhere to certain rules—follow our tips below to have a hassle-free game day:
- Don’t use grills or other heating devices in the parking decks or near buildings
- Occupy only one parking space
- Keep all your stuff near your vehicle
- Bag and dispose of your trash properly
- Drink responsibly
Getting to MetLife Stadium
Avoid parking and reduce stress by taking a bus or train to the venue! MetLife Stadium is located at 1 MetLife Stadium Dr, East Rutherford, NJ 07073, just a few miles from New York City. Visitors have several ways to reach it easily and affordably:
- NJ TRANSIT provides the Meadowlands Rail Service for all major events and drops off visitors right at the front door of MetLife Stadium. The service runs from Secaucus Junction, and the round-trip fare to the Sports Complex is $4.50. You can also reach the stadium from New York Penn Station for $11.If coming from NY or Connecticut, Metro-North trains can get you to Grand Central Station, where you can take the subway to Penn Station.
- Coach USA operates the 351 Meadowlands Express bus service for all NFL games and big events at the stadium. The buses run from the Port Authority to the Sports Complex—the bus spot is near Lot K. A one-way bus fare is $7. The bus service starts running two and a half hours before the game.
- Uber and Lyft are allowed to pick up and drop off visitors in Lot E, right outside of the Verizon Gate. Arrange a ride via your phone app and have a hassle-free journey!
Parking Access can help you find discounted parking at many stadiums, arenas, and airports nationwide! Be sure to check out our in-depth guides to other important locations in Newark and New York City:
|Newark Liberty Airport
|Cape Liberty Cruise Port
|Manhattan Cruise Terminal
|Madison Square Garden
|John F. Kennedy Airport
|Brooklyn Cruise Terminal
|Metropolitan Museum of Art