We have been providing assistance to airport passengers flying out of DSM for 15 years! Our experience allows us to help you find a reliable parking option. Our main goal is to make an online parking reservation process so easy that you can secure your discounted parking space in no time!
Des Moines International Airport is a joint-use airport that served 2,7 million passengers in 2018. If you’re flying out of DSM Airport for the first time, this Des Moines Airport parking guide will help you to save time and money and find the most affordable parking offer.
Des Moines International Airport is a civil-military airport three miles southwest of Des Moines, in Polk County, Iowa. It has 25 connections to major airline hubs and leisure destinations. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2017–2021 called it a primary commercial service airport.
Keep reading to get parking rates for Des Moines Airport long term or Valet parking, view maps, and discover links to other useful sites. You will also find information on Des Moines Airport Parking Coupons, Discounts, and Deals, as well as Des Moines Airport parking reviews.
Get a fast rate quote and make your advanced reservation by entering your drop-off and pick-up dates/times above.
Top 4 Things You Need to Know before you Drive and Park at Des Moines Airport
On-Site Des Moines Airport Parking Rates & Availability
Searching for more information about Des Moines Airport long term parking, Valet service, or Economy Parking Lots?
DSM International offers several parking options to all airport passengers. Whether you’re looking for discounted parking lots or more convenient and close-in facility, you will find what you need at this airport. Daily rates depend on a parking option - from $6 for Economy Parking to $37 for Hourly Parking. Check out the full list of Des Moines long and short term rates:
- Hourly Parking is a great option for short term parking and when you’re coming just to pick up an arriving passenger. However, if you plan on leaving your vehicle for longer than a few hours, this parking garage is not recommended. It is close to the airport terminal, and the first 20 minutes are free. After that, you pay $1 for each additional 20 minutes. The maximum daily parking rate is $37.
- Premium Long Term Parking offers convenient parking spaces right across from the airport terminal, next to Hourly Parking. It is one of the most popular DSM public parking structures, but if you’re looking for overnight parking, we recommend one of the parking facilities below. The rate for Premium Long Term is $1 per 20 minutes, and the maximum daily rate is $26.
- Long Term Parking is situated right after the Premium Parking structure on the left. It provides approximately 2500 parking spots, and it is a much cheaper daily option than Premium Parking but still close to the airport terminal. The rate is $1 per 20 minutes, and the maximum daily rate is $16.
- Economy Lot 3 is the most expensive economy parking lot at Des Moines Airport due to its proximity to the terminal. However, it is still cheaper than Hourly and Long Term Parking facilities. Even though it is so close to the terminal, free shuttles frequently run to and from the lot. The hourly rate is $2, and the maximum daily rate is $10.
- Economy Lot 2 provides affordable parking spaces minutes away from the terminal. Free shuttle buses are available every 10 minutes to take you to the terminal building. This parking lot is perfect for extended stays. The hourly parking rate is $2, and the maximum daily parking rate is $8.
- Economy Lot 1 is the most popular self parking option at DSM and the cheapest one. It is farther from the terminal than the parking options above, but the free shuttle bus service is available to take you there in no time. The hourly parking rate is $2, and the maximum daily rate is only $6.
- Economy Lot 4 offers the cheapest daily rate of $6 as well, but it is the farthest parking facility at the airport’s grounds. Park your vehicle here if you want to cut your costs and if the Economy Lot 1 is full. Free shuttles are also operating from this lot to the terminal building, and vice versa. The hourly rate is $2, and the maximum daily rate is only $6.
|Premium Long Term Parking
|Long Term Parking
|Economy Lot 3
|Economy Lot 2
|Economy Lot 1
|Economy Lot 4
Accessible Parking / Handicapped Parking
Disabled Parking is available on each level of the parking garages (near elevator towers) and in all surface parking lots. All customers have to own a disabled parking permit, license plates, or ADA placard. Previously listed rates apply to accessible parking as well. For wheelchair assistance, call 515-256-5500.
Disabled Veterans Parking Discount is not available at Des Moines Airport.
Parking spots for motorcycles are available at the Motorcycle Parking Lot, and they are free of charge.
Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
There are no EV charging stations at DSM Airport, but you can find them in the several locations in the area if you click here.
For any information regarding clearance heights, call (515) 256-5050.
Des Moines Airport Map
If you need help finding any lot or garage parking, check out this Des Moines Airport parking map.
Many people are interested in finding the closest airport to Des Moines with DSM only 3.7 miles(6 km) away it makes this airport a very convenient option for travelers.
You can also find the cheapest flights from Des Moines DSM Airport.
Hotels with free parking services and complimentary shuttle
Searching for the best Des Moines Airport hotels for 2019 that provide Park Sleep and Fly Packages?
Hotel parking is a great alternative to official Des Moines International Airport parking. This package gets you a good night’s sleep, a safe parking space, and a courtesy shuttle ride to DSM Airport in the morning. Almost all hotels offer not only free parking service but also Des Moines Airport shuttle, WiFi access, free breakfast, and many other services.
- Hampton Inn Des Moines Airport
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Des Moines Airport
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson Des Moines West
- Days Inn & Suites By Wyndham Des Moines Airport
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Des Moines Airport
Important Des Moines International Airport Facts
Address: 5800 Fleur Dr, Des Moines, IA 50321, USA | Phone Number: 515-256-5050
The Cell Phone Lot is a waiting area where you can park and wait before picking up passengers at DSM since you cannot park curbside. It is located next to the Economy Lot 4, get directions here), free of charge, and there is no time limit. Note that vehicles cannot be left unattended, and you are not allowed to use this area for overnight parking.
The cheapest month to fly to Des Moines Airport is January.
To get lower DSM Airport rates, make a reservation at least 2 weeks before departure.
25% of our users found round-trip tickets to DSM Int’l Airport for the following prices or even less: from Sea Tac Airport $278, from New York $282, from Washington $317.
The cheapest airline ticket to Des Moines Airport currently is $107 round-trip from Phoenix.
Find out more information about cheap flights to and from Des Moines here.
Des Moines Airport Transportation Shuttle Services
If you’re looking for safe ground transportation from Des Moines Airport to Ames or downtown Des Moines, consider using one of the reliable airport shuttle providers. Shuttle service is provided in upcoming content. Click here to find out all about new Executive Express Shuttle to Ames.
Lyft and Uber are authorized to take you from DSM to downtown for only $10. Public transportation is the cheapest option - the DART bus route 8 runs to and from the airport, and the regular fare is only $1.75. Discover and reserve transportation options from Des Moines Int’l.
Des Moines City Guide
As a capital city of Iowa, Des Moines is a great place with a lot to offer to its visitors. The downtown area is rich in restaurants and nice bars where you can eat or grab a drink. There is also Des Moines’ Downtown Farmers’ Market, an ideal place for those looking for some fresh and tasty food. Nearby is the State Historical Museum of Iowa if you want to find out more about the city.
The Greater Botanical Garden is also pretty close to the downtown area, and it is one of the most popular places with various exhibits and art galleries. If you go farther away from the city center, you will come across many beautiful locations. Gray’s Lake with boat rentals and the surrounding Water Works Park is perfect for relaxation, recreation, and picnics.
Des Moines Airport Parking FAQs
- How much does it cost to use Des Moines Airport long term parking garages?
Des Moines Airport Economy Parking Lot 1 and 4 offer the cheapest on site parking - the rate is only $6 per day. Check out other parking rates and options above (all parking fees are included).
- If I’m picking up/dropping off someone, is there any cost?
You can use the Cell Phone Lot free of charge and without time limit. Alternatively, you can park in the Hourly covered parking - the first 20 minutes are free, and then you pay $1 for each additional 20 minutes.
- Is there disabled parking at the airport, and is it free?
ADA Accessible Parking is available in all parking areas (in parking garages, they are located near elevators). However, it is not free of charge, regular parking rates apply.
- How much is Des Moines Airport Short Term parking going to cost?
If you park in their Hourly Parking facility, the first 20 minutes will be free of charge. After that, you pay $1 per every 20 minutes.
- Is there a phone number available for DSM Airport parking information?
Yes! For further information about DSM Airport parking service, please call (515) 256-5050.
- Are shuttles offered for Des Moines Airport Economy Parking lots?
Yes! Free shuttle service is available to and from each economy lot every 15 minutes.
- Does Des Moines Airport offer any EV charging station?
There are no EV charging stations at DSM Airport parking, but you can find them in the several locations in the area if you click here.
- How may I pay for vehicle parking?
You may pay with cash, debit or any major credit card - Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Do I need to have a pre paid/reserved parking space to park at DSM?
No, Des Moines Airport parking spots are available on a first come, first served basis. However, you can make advanced parking reservations to make sure you have a secured parking spot.