Last Updated on December 4, 2020 by Greg
Parking Lot Name: Swift Park BWI
Address: 2301 Dorsey RdGlen Burnie, MD 21061
Date of Review: Saturday, September 28, 2019
By: Meghan Ramsey
Ease to find: 4
Overall Review Rating 88%
The Bottom Line:
Swift Park is a location that is located about 10 minutes from the airport and is convenient for those who are looking for a secure long-term parking option at BWI. In order to park here, you will need to make a reservation for a parking space because their shuttles only run for those with a reservation.
Once you have a reservation, the process is very easy. When you arrive, you give the attendant your reservation and take a ticket. You will be directed to a spot where a shuttle driver will meet you. The process went smoothly, but if you do not call ahead you are not guaranteed that someone will be at the lot. Calling ahead is very important as well as having a reservation. As long as you plan ahead, Swift Park is a great, affordable option for parking at BWI airport.
- The lower price and reservation policy ensure that there will be plenty of parking spaces for an affordable price upon your arrival.
- Shuttles are nice and there are different options depending on the number of travelers being picked up so you can be sure that there will always be ample space in the shuttle.
- There is a dedicated phone number just for shuttle pick up and drop off so you reach exactly who you need to for pick up and drop off.
- I tried to go to this lot without a reservation and no one was there. This lot takes some planning ahead and you will need to call to confirm.
Hours of Operation:
- 24 hours a day, call for all drop off and pick ups
- There is no sign with hours, but they are listed on their website.
Located about a ten-minute drive from the airport, you do have to make a few turns off the main road and will see large flags with Swift Park written on them. After turning off the main road, you pass a small shopping complex and a parking lot. There are signs along the way to guide you to the right location. You will take a right after the shopping complex and enter the lot there. Make sure you have called ahead before arriving so that an attendant is there ready for you. Once you are there and your reservation is confirmed, you take a ticket and the attendant will assist you with any help you may need.
Self-park: You can use the automated system to generate a ticket. The system is simple and easy to use. You will pull the ticket yourself and speak to the attendant before parking. There is no valet at this facility.
What happens after choosing parking option:
- Once you have your ticket, the attendant will direct you to an area to park so that a shuttle can pick you up. The shuttle driver will follow you to your spot and pick you up from there.
- After parking, the attendant will help you with any luggage from your car as you enter. This lot is fairly small with only five rows. It is unlikely you will have any issue finding your car. Spots are not marked with numbers, but each row does have a letter. The attendant will also give you a ticket with the number to call when you are ready for pick up.
- Once the driver has helped you with your bags, you will be on your way to the airport.
There are two types of shuttles that they have on-site. There’s one van and one bus. While I was parking, only the van was operating, and I was the only one riding the van. This allowed the process to be personal and I felt the staff was very kind.
The shuttle was nice and was kept very clean. The rows were bench seating and I was glad I got to sit in the front instead of crawling to the back. The shuttle was comfortable and the ride to the airport was quick. Shuttles are available to pick you up 24/7 and when you are ready for a ride back to your car, you simply call the number given on your card.
The shuttle will arrive within 15 – 20 minutes/ Having a dedicated phone number for the pick up ensures that you reach someone right away and are able to get a ride when needed. The two shuttle options ensured that there was always space for however many travelers they were picking up at a time. It was a calm ride to the airport.
Once we were getting dropped off at our airlines, the driver helped everyone with their bags as they left and reminded us of the phone number to call when we were ready for pick up.
This is a smaller lot and they are able to park zone is located between doors 7 & 9 – 2nd curb. There is also a location – ZONE 4 – at the International terminal next to the light rail.
This is an uncovered lot with fast check-in and check-out process. They offer luggage service and assistance as needed. In front of the lot, you will find a small complex with businesses and parking, but no facilities are available.
There is a large covered entrance with clearly marked signs. There is an attendant on site ready to help you if needed. It is completely fenced in with 24/7 surveillance cameras around the facility as well as several at the entrance and exit for the facility. It felt very secure and safe to leave my car for a long period of time.
This lot offers great value to those who are looking for a long-term parking option at BWI. This affordable option will give you the chance to park without worry. The process is easy, and you will have peace of mind knowing your car is secure while you are away. I recommend this lot for anyone looking for long-term parking at a good price.
|Parking Lot Name (BWI)||Score||Price $ USD||Type|
|BWI Speedy Park||85%||$7.20/day||Self Park / Valet||Review|
|The Parking Spot||92%||$12.00/day||Uncovered Self Park||Review|
|Econopark Express||92%||$9.95/day||Uncovered Self Park||Review|
|Swift Park BWI||88%||$7.40/day||Uncovered Self Park||Review|
Notes:-even though their website says you don’t need a reservation, the first time I tried to go, there was no attendant at the lot. So in this review, I tell people just to make a reservation.-I lost the parking ticket for this one so don’t worry about paying me back.