Last Updated on November 18, 2020 by Greg
Parking Lot Name: Econopark Express
Address: 7188 Ridge Rd Hanover, MD 21076
Date of Review: Saturday, September 28, 2019
By: Meghan Ramsey
Ease to find: 4
Total Review Score: 92%
The Bottom Line:
Econopark Express is a great place to park for those who want a convenient and comfortable ride to BWI airport. From the beginning, the whole process is simple, and the staff is very accommodating. There was no wasted time from when I entered the lot to the airport drop making it a stress free way to park at BWI.
When you arrive, you take a ticket and an attendant lets you know the row you should park in. A shuttle will follow you to your spot for pick up and help with your bags. The lot is very large, but there is no need to worry because you are given a ticket to remember exactly where you parked, and the lot is clearly marked with rows and spot numbers.
The lot seems very secure and I saw security cameras as well as high fences to ensure your car is safe while you are gone. I really appreciated the clean and comfortable shuttle. I was also offered complimentary water during both my arrival to the lot as well as leaving. When I came back from my trip and was leaving the airport, the shuttle was already in the waiting area and
I did not wait even one minute for a shuttle which was great. If you do end up waiting, there is a number to call to make sure you get a shuttle quickly. Parking here is definitely a pleasant and quick experience.
- The best thing about this lot is the way the staff was so efficient with time. I did not have to wait at all to be picked up or dropped off. I was given an exact area to go to in order to park and my bags were placed into the shuttle carefully and quickly.
- The amenities in this lot are great. There is a valet, water on all shuttles, 24-hour service, car wash, and more. All the amenities mean you are getting more than just a parking spot.
- There really are not any cons for this lot.
- This lot is a bit further than others and took more turns to get to off the main road. It takes an extra 5 minutes or so to drive here than you may think.
Hours of Operation:
- 24 hours a day, recommend calling on off-peak hours (11 pm – 7 am)
- There is no sign with hours, but they are listed on their website.
Located about a fifteen-minute drive from the airport, you do have to make a few turns off the main road and past a three-way stop directly followed by a four-way stop. There are some quick turns, so be careful as you drive here. Once you are there, the system is automated, and a ticket will be generated for you. An attendant is also there to assist if there are any issues.
There is a touch screen interface for reservations, scan your phone, take a ticket, and members to enter their number. Once you have chosen the option that is right for you, a ticket will be generated for you.
Self-park: You can use the automated system to generate a ticket. The system is simple and easy to use. You will pull the ticket yourself and speak to the attendant before parking. Valet: There is a valet available at this facility and it is clearly marked inside the lot. After speaking to the attendant, she will direct you to the right location.
What happens after choosing parking option:
- Once you have your ticket, the attendant will direct you to an area to park so that a shuttle can pick you up. The shuttle driver will follow you to your spot and pick you up from there right away.
- After parking, the attendant will help you with any luggage from your car as you enter. They will give you a ticket with your parking spot location you can refer to when being picked up.
- You are asked to leave your ticket for the parking lot in your car, but take the pass with your spot number on it with you onto the shuttle.
- On the shuttle, you will be offered complimentary water as you ride. It takes less than 15 minutes to get to the terminal.
The shuttles were very nice and have leather seating which ensured that they were very clean. They were also extremely comfortable to sit in and I found the ride very relaxing. Each shuttle also gives your driver’s name and information in case you need to reference it later. There are several shuttles that are always running. I saw 4 in operation while I was there. During the ride, I enjoyed bottled water and rode with just one other person. When I was on the way back to the lot, I rode the shuttle alone.
There was plenty of space to accommodate more travelers and the ride was actually very relaxed and efficient. It was nice to have a calm ride to and from the airport.
Once we were getting dropped off at our airlines, the driver helped everyone with their bags as they left and reminded us where to find the shuttles. There was no wait for the arrival or departure because shuttles are constantly running. I really liked this because it meant my time was kept valuable and I was on time for my flight. There is a large area at BWI airport for off-site parking to pick up and drop off. The yellow bus with blue letters is hard to miss in this area.
This is an uncovered lot with fast check-in and check-out process. There is complimentary cold water on each shuttle. There is a valet service, car detailing, and a car wash also on-site and available to anyone interested in adding it on to their reservation. Ask an attendant when you arrive if you are interested.
There is a large covered entrance with clearly marked signs. There is an attendant on site ready to help you if needed. If you want covered parking, you should opt for valet as all of the valet spots do have covered parking. There is a building on site for the car wash and detail service, but guests are not permitted to enter.
This is definitely the best value lot in my opinion at BWI. With the added amenities, lower price, and efficient service, even if you have a little longer ride on the shuttle, you get more for your money. It is convenient, people are friendly, and has nice extras to enjoy. The whole parking process is easy and will offer more for you than just a parking spot. I recommend this lot for anyone looking to get some nice extras along with their parking at a good price.
|Parking Lot Name (BWI)||Score||Price $ USD||Type|
|BWI Speedy Park||85%||$7.20/day||Self Park / Valet||Review|
|The Parking Spot||92%||$12.00/day||Uncovered Self Park||Review|
|Econopark Express||92%||$9.95/day||Uncovered Self Park||Review|
|Swift Park BWI||88%||$7.40/day||Uncovered Self Park||Review|