This post also contains affiliate links and we will be compensated if you purchase after clicking on our links.
Vivint Arena hosts a variety of entertainment and sports events in downtown Salt Lake City, at 301 S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101. Formerly known as EnergySolutions Arena and Vivint Smart Home Arena, the venue is home to the NBA Utah Jazz team, as well as the WNBA Utah Starzz. People coming to Vivint Arena have a wide selection of car parking options, and we’ll assist you in finding the most suitable one! Discover event parking prices for all games, off-site alternatives, and a few helpful Vivint Arena parking tips. You’ll also find information on tailgating, nearby bars, and public transportation in Salt Lake City.
Vivint Arena Parking In a Nutshell
Located in the downtown area, Vivint Arena visitors can choose from a variety of parking options in the vicinity! The closest and most convenient parking facilities listed on the arena’s official website are the following:
- Park Place at 50 North 300 West
- The Triad Center at 50 North 400 West
- Salt Palace Convention Center at 50 South 300 West
- The Gateway Mall at 75 South 400 West
- City Creek Mall at 50 East South Temple
- Hyatt House at 300 West 140 South
Most of them provide self-parking services, while the Gateway offers a valet parking service as well. All the properties are within easy walking distance and are shown on the Vivint Arena parking map below. Check it out to see their locations, and keep reading to discover the Utah Jazz parking rates, as well as low-cost off-site alternatives.
How Much Is Parking at Vivint Arena?
The Vivint Arena parking cost for Utah Jazz games varies according to the lot. You can reserve parking ahead of time or pay on the spot, but note that drive-up rates are usually higher, and most lots don’t accept cash. The online price in the Park Place lot starts at $15, while the North Temple lot has an event rate of $10. For event-specific rates or other information, call the arena at (801) 325-2052. We suggest that you purchase parking for Vivint Arena in advance through Vivid Seats.
If searching for ADA parking, Vivint Arena guests can use the Park Place parking area placed northeast of the venue. These spots are obtainable on a first-come, first-served basis, so early arrival is highly recommended. In addition to the Utah Jazz parking pass, the lot requires a valid disabled parking permit or license plate. Accessible seating options are also available throughout the arena.
Utah Jazz Parking Near Vivint Arena
Finding discounted parking around Vivint Arena is easy with Parking Access by your side! We looked into other downtown parking lots and singled out the best alternatives to official visitor parking structures. Go through the following list to see what works for you:
- Salt Lake Marriott Downtown at 75 W. Temple is within a 15-minute walk and offers short-term parking for Utah Jazz supporters on game days. The event rate is $8, and pre-booking is allowed and encouraged. Note that it isn’t suitable for oversized vehicles since the height clearance is 5’4″.
- There’s a surface lot across the street from the Salt Lake Hardware Building, on N 400 W, and it’s available for as low as $10. It’s a great option for those who want to stay away from busy downtown traffic—just head up to 600 North and then hit I-15 to reduce your travel time.
- On-street parking is your final choice, and it’s a great one if you’re lucky enough to come across an available parking spot. Nearby streets offer both metered and free parking, which is limited and, naturally, hard to find. That’s why we suggest that you arrive early and circle the area if you wish to avoid parking fees.
One more thing: if you park on-street, pay attention to the signs and read them carefully to avoid pricey parking tickets!
Transportation in Salt Lake City
Traveling around Salt Lake valley is easy and affordable with TRAX light rail. It connects multiple locations in the area, including the arena and Park & Rides lots. The Arena station is just a one-minute walk away from Vivint Arena and is served by Blue and Green Lines. You can either purchase a ticket before boarding or ride for free within a free-fare downtown zone. If coming to the Utah Jazz game with a couple of friends, request an Uber or a Lyft ride—the drop-off zone is on 300 West.
Tailgating Information + Nearby Bars
Tailgating activities are prohibited in the Vivint Smart Home Arena parking structures, but you can still have pre-game fun in one of the nearby bars! If you wish to grab a couple of beers with your friends, here are the best-rated places in the vicinity:
For the ultimate dining experience, head to Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, which is a 4-minute walk from the arena and offers delicious food!
Other Helpful Parking Guides
Our team has created countless guides for drivers across the country headed to popular venues and other locations! Apart from Vivint Arena parking, Salt Lake City residents and visitors can use our help to find and book:
Our airport parking guide has all the information: on-site parking prices, handicap parking availability, private lots with airport shuttles, and more! If you’re a basketball fan and plan on visiting another NBA venue, look it up on our site—we cover all the major ones, including:
- Toyota Center
- Smoothie King Center
- Target Center
- Moda Center
- American Airlines Center
- Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse