Last Updated on June 29, 2022 by Snezana Grcak
Forest Park Parking
The 1,326-acre Forest Park is a perfect place for families, nature lovers, and those engaging in diverse sports activities. It’s open from 6 AM to 10 PM, and most parking lots are also open during these hours. See the park entrances on the map below, and then read about free and paid Forest Park St. Louis parking services.
Free & Paid Forest Park Lots
If searching for a free Forest Park parking lot, choose one of the following areas.
- Festival & Parking Plaza (Upper Muny Lot) is a huge lot for Muny patrons and other park users. Call the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Forestry at (314) 289-5300 to get bus/RV parking permits.
- Lower Muny Lot is northeast of the Muny. It also allows bus and RV permit parking.
- Missouri History Museum Lots are placed around the building.
- Highlands Golf & Tennis Center Lot is accessible from Clayton Avenue, which also offers street spots.
- Boathouse Lot is a small lot accessible from Government Drive.
- Central Fields East Lot is on Wells Drive, while the West Lot is on Macklind Drive.
- Boeing Aviation Fields North Lot is ideal for cars, RVs, and buses, while the South Lot accommodates standard cars only.
- James S. McDonnell Planetarium Lot is west of the Planetarium.
- Norman K. Probstein Golf Course Lot offers ample parking for golfers. Guests can also find alternative street parking on Lagoon Drive.
- Steinberg Rink Lot is south of the skating rink and accessible from Jefferson Drive.
- Visitor Center Lot (East and West) is south of the Visitor and Education Center. It’s suitable for any motor vehicle and those using the Forest Park Explorer.
- Saint Louis Art Museum East and West Lots offer free parking for its guests.
- Richard Hudlin Tennis Courts Lot is accessible from Clayton Avenue.
Here are the lots with paid parking spaces.
- Saint Louis Science Center Lot is a large paid parking lot behind the building, and the cost is $10 per vehicle.
- Saint Louis Art Museum Underground Lot east of the building charges $15 per day or $5 for members. Validate your ticket to get the discount.
- St. Louis Zoo North Lot on Government Drive and the South Lot on Wells Drive charge $15 per vehicle. The rate applies throughout the peak season, and there are no overnight parking passes.
See the full Forest Park parking map here.
Public Transit in St. Louis
MetroLink operates a couple of lines that stop around the Park. Skinker Station is near the northwest corner of the park and is served by Blue Line. Forest Park-DeBaliviere Station is north of the park and served by Blue and Red Lines. These trains also stop at Central West End, which is just east of the park. The MetroLink fare is $2.50.
Other Helpful Guides
St. Louis residents and visitors can use our assistance to learn more about the following.
- Gateway Arch Parking
- Busch Stadium Parking
- Enterprise Center Parking
- STL Airport Parking
- St. Louis Parking Tickets