So you have an upcoming flight and you’re forced to drive and park at the airport because none of your friends or family members can drive you and Uber would be too expensive. We understand your pain. But if you’re flying out of one of these US Airports, rest assured you’re saving a bundle compared to millions of other Americans who have to park at Airports with ungodly parking fees.
Just as a side note, we’ve omitted all airports which offer free parking. And yes there are several that still do this. We’ve created a post that covers airports with free parking as well. We took the aggregated rates for short term / terminal side parking and Long Term / Economy Parking. Here are the results.
7. Honolulu Daniel K Inouye International (HNL) – $18 Daily for Short Term and $10 Daily for Long Term / Economy
6. Denver International (DEN) – $24 Daily for Short Term and $8 Daily for Long Term / Economy.
5. Tampa International (TPA) – $22 Daily for Short Term and $10 Daily for Long Term / Economy
4. Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) – $22 Daily for Short Term and $8 Daily for Long Term / Economy
3. Houston George Bush Intercontinental (IAH) – $22 Daily for Short Term and $6 Daily for Long Term / Economy
2. Charlotte Douglas International (CLT) – $20 Daily for Short Term and $7 Daily for Long Term / Economy
- Orlando International (MCO) – $17 Daily for Short Term and $10 Daily for Long Term / Economy
It’s clear that these Airports are putting their customers first. Because in our next post we’ll list the top most expensive parking fees at US Airports, and the contrast is strikingly large. What we conclude is this list of airports might be trying to stay competitive with independent off-site parking lots. These independent lots have amenities that some travelers are seeking, like valet parking, car washes, covered parking, security and much more.
However, airports themselves have valet parking where you simply drive up to the curb and hand your keys over. It’s the most convenient of all types of parking at the airport. But the most costly. In a future post we will cover the top airports with valet parking and provide a complete guide on the best value valet parking at airports nationwide.
We hope you have the opportunity to fly out of one of these airports and relax and drive yourself to the airport knowing you’re getting a great deal on parking!